Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Flare-up adventures Pt. 2

So I wake up this morning before my alarm goes off (don't you just love when you can't get those extra 30 minutes of sleep) and I know before my feet even hit the floor that today is gonna be bad. Not the "oh poor me everything isn't going my way" bad, but the "I can't move a single bone in my body" bad. 

I thought that this weekend was the flare-up, turns out, she was just fashionably late. 

Here I am feeling like crap and not wanting to go to class. But instead of this being a normal flare (if you can really ever consider any flare "normal"), this flare is just my upper body. 

At this point, I'm thinking: "Ok, I can handle this. I've handled worse. I'll just take notes on my ipad and have my roomie drive today."

Things were going great minus the fever and chills that set in, along with me not being able to move my arms, and constantly feeling weak. Class was boring as ever and it was so hard for me to stay awake (another glorious side affect of the flare). It wasn't until walking to my second class that things really got weird. 

The upper half of my body stopped hurting and the lower half started. So now I can't bend my knees and my ankles are killing me. 

Wonderful. 

As the day progressed, so did the number of body parts that stopped being able to function correctly. 

Let's picture the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz if he was a girl and wore chucks and a doctor who shirt. 

Really, just one time I would like a heads up when this is gonna happen. 
Maybe a text like: YoBro, next tuesday around 9am you're gonna flare and it'll include your left wrist and right knee. 

No spontaneous flares with half of a body one part of the day and vice versa.

That would be nice. 

Oh, only in a dream world. 

Now I get to climb the stairs to my bedroom. I'm gonna have my roomie time me and maybe I can beat my record from last time of 2 minutes and 6 seconds. 

Ready....Set....Climb!


No comments:

Post a Comment