Tuesday, June 6, 2017

One big family

I just got home from getting my stitches out and I'm sitting here on my bed with so many thoughts in my mind. I've got a running to-do list, ideas for blog posts, things I need to be doing but I'm not, people I should text to see how they are, and the list goes on and on.

It's hard to stay afloat.
I know everyone feels this way in their own lives, I get that, I know that.
But why is this feeling a constant feeling I have?
Stay tuned for my next blog post.

Amidst these feelings of treading water in my own life, I'm also thankful.

Two weeks ago tomorrow, I had surgery on my knee. Now, I know that this wasn't some big ACL tear fix or anything like that. However, any surgery is big when it involves an arthritic joint.

What was supposed to be a 15 minute surgery, was an hour and a half long.

I'm not going to go into details, but the joint was cleaned up, a cartilage tear was fixed, and my plica (plica is a fold of synovial membrane most commonly in the anteromedial aspect of the knee. Plica are present in about 50% of the population and are thought to be the remnants of embryonic connective tissue that failed to fully resorb during your fetal development. Luckily, most plicae are asymptomatic) was removed.

The pictures are pretty cool too!

I gave myself a few days rest (2 to be exact), then began working from home. I had to walk on it and actually walked about 30 minutes after I awoke from surgery. I couldn't drive though.

During that next week, I was amazed and incredibly grateful for the amount of people that helped me get from place to place. My parents drove me back to Tally, helped me get groceries, and made sure I was set up with all that I needed before they left. But because they had to work and I couldn't miss school, I relied on my amazing friends to help me out.

I had people taking me and picking me up from school and work. I had friends driving me to target to get bandaids, one that came to pick up papers for me that needed to be dropped off, and one came to me because I needed something notarized.

For FIVE days, my amazing friends went out of their way to help me.

It goes to show that even though horrible, terrible things happen in this world, love is still around.

These friends have become my family away from home and I'm forever thankful for all that they did during that time to help me (and all that they still do)!

This program is rough, in every sense of the word, and I can't imagine how I would have gotten through this week had I not had help.

We truly are one big family and whether it's nights of complaining about the program or driving around Tallahassee, we are there for each other.

Thank you :)


Now let the fun PT adventures begin, UGH! I hate PT. Get ready blogging world, I feel some hot thoughts coming on lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment