Sunday, February 16, 2014

I like to Move it, Move it...straight to my bed.

My weekend activities sparked a great topic that I should touch on. My wonderful friend Heather came to see my this weekend and we decided to "go out". 

Those of you who know me...know I'm in bed by like 10 every night. 
I don't "go out" and if I do it's like to dinner or a movie and I'm home in my pj's at a decent hour. 

I've just never had the urge to go be a party girl, thank goodness, but having RA has made it to where it's always impossible to get me to go out. 

Side note to show how true this is: Heather had wanted to go out, but didn't bring clothes because she didn't think I would actually say yes...so we had a spur of the moment shopping trip to go get her some clothes.

My friends know me well. 

If I do go out, I'm the DD so the others can have a good time and drink. 
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being the DD.
I have pills I would rather take than shots of lemon drop whatever. 

It's always a pros and cons list when it comes to this sort of thing though. 
A normal girl would only have to decide what she wanted to wear and then she would hit the town in a matter of seconds. 

For me and others who may or may not be experiencing similar issues it's like this:
1. Ok, how late are we gonna be out because if I don't get enough sleep...I get sick.  
2. What am I going to wear? Heels mean I can't walk the next day, but flats mean that no one is gonna dance with me (shout out heather lol!)
3. Am I drinking tonight, if so is this yummy alcoholic beverage worth not taking my meds (you can't drink and take pills that make you not hurt at the same time...read the pill bottle guys).
4. Am I gonna dance or just people watch? Dancing means a workout which means body is exhausted tomorrow, but it's so much fun and I can totally show off my cool dance moves that I wish I had. 

There are just a lot of things to think about! 

But when Heather came this weekend, I manned up (well, you know what I mean) and I decided we would go out since I've never actually ventured out in Tallahassee before. 

We had so much fun! It was something that I needed and I'm so glad she was the one who talked me into it.

An important fact for those like me: 
You can have one drink at the beginning of the night, dance as much as you want, and still take your pills that night. 
Just be sure that you separate the time by a few hours and drink plenty of water. 
I can't promise you that your feet won't hurt if you wear heels (stupid mistake on my part, but I really wanted to dance)...mine are still killing me and it's 2 days later.

But hey, at least you had fun and looked good doing it, right?! 

So we also met up with a few of our other friends and we were dancing and having a great time! 
Here's me....dancing and having a great time..


And yes....I was told I was the whitest girl in the room. 
And yes...I'm pretty sure Heather and Liz gave me that look.

The point of this post is to remind myself and others that even if you love being in your pjs watching netflix and Idina Menzel YouTube videos because you want to avoid the decisions of drinking and dancing....it
doesn't mean that you don't deserve to let loose and get a little crazy every now and then!

For me, that was having a drink and dancing with my friends until we were exhausted (ok, it was probably just me on that last one) and walking down the street with our heels in our hands (just kidding, we didn't actually do that......). 

You aren't normal. I'm not normal. But, I like to think I am from time to time and there's nothing wrong with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment