Wednesday, May 21, 2014

& we danced all night to the best song ever

Ok, so not only has it been a while since I've written anything. Buuuutttt it's been a while since I've written anything happy or remotely close to myself. 

So here it goes.

Let me recap this past weekend for you because we all know when Heather comes to town, stuff is going down (totally going to be our hashtag for the next time)

Anyway before heather came I had a wonderful Friday being productive and talking to my former TA about phd programs. 
I love this girl, she's great, and totally helped me out with information.

Side note: I'm 92% sure I want to get my doctorate. 
I would like to work as a psychologist in a children's hospital working with kids with chronic illnesses (go figure) and possibly doing research with them.

Back to the recap. 

She told me one great piece of advice that can apply to any situation: Remember what you're doing it for and why you're doing it. 

I was sold. 

So Friday night I was a lame person and rented redbox movies while doing homework. Little did I know, my Saturday night was going to be a cross between an episode of Girls and the hangover.

Saturday was here and Heather, Liz Lemon, and Gabbie were heading over to hangout before going out. We decided that we were going to do a Lip Sync battle like the ones done on Jimmy Fallon.

If you've never seen Jimmy Fallon's Lip Sync here it is: 
http://youtu.be/wi8G-xCUAjE

Ours was NOTHING like this, however it was pretty awesome and for those of you who have seen the video, you know what I'm talking about ;) (hint hint: I rapped and heather did some 1D)

Then we decided to go out and dance and yes we danced to every single Ke$ha song that Liz wanted to hear! Gabbie some how ended up in the middle of a few dance circles too. 
Well, we met some guys while we were out. 
They played Frozen, 1D, and other Disney songs and Heather and I were in heaven.
Oh, did I forget to mention that one of them was British? The minute we heard his accent we all knew we were in trouble. 
Yes, and he of course, sang the One Direction song for us. 
Then I had my turn of singing an Aladdin song with a guy named Trevor. 

Keep in mind that we are all young twentysomethings and this is how we spend a Saturday night....
singing Disney Duets with guys in the Whataburger parking lot.  

The night ended around 4am when we decided to go home and then started the next morning with Waffle house (where else would we go?!)

My weekend was adventure filled and crazy.
But it's what I needed. 

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't feeling the repercussions this week. 
Sorry guys, but you don't know what it's like trying to put on a bra when your hands don't work.

It's very very tricky. 

Not to mention I have a full schedule, I think I have strep, and mountains of readings I need to do. 
But, I needed that time to let loose and have fun.

Self care. It's all about taking the time to have fun and relax. This can range from netflix (which is my go to) to going out to dance.

If we don't do that, especially people with health issues. If we don't take the time to go dance and enjoy the fact that you can indeed stay up until 4am, then how can you say you lived life to the fullest?

If you don't have those crazy stories and at least wake up with a headache, then how can you enjoy the days when you're lying in bed sick. 

Now, sometimes those crazy stories do make you sick, but you have to realize what's worth it and what's not. 

I know that if I didn't do this occasionally, then the days where I couldn't walk would be extremely hard to get through. 

Balance fun time with relaxing time. Either way though, make sure whatever you're doing is not only for you but make sure that it's worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment